Promote Transit Equity
Transform the Fairmount Commuter Rail Line into a rapid transit Fairmount/Indigo Line that provides affordable, reliable and frequent service reducing commuting times and costs for residents to get to work, school and Corridor locations.
“The convenience of using the train—beautiful! A four-minute ride from my house to my work. And now it’s finally affordable for me. Great!” — Resident, Ana Rodriguez
- We secured $200 million from the state to build 4 new stations and reduce fares.
- In 2013, 3 of the planned stations opened, and fares were reduced to $2.10 for all rides but for the South Station to/from Readville fare..
- Ridership has almost tripled over 2012 levels
- We are implementing creative placemaking with the Fairmount Cultural Corridor and other allies to create more lively station areas, to attract riders, build community and stimulate local economic activity.
- Provide leadership within the Fairmount/Indigo Transit Equity Coalition